Spring Break 2013 included a road trip to Cary, NC and a revelation about my own life. Here are the top 10 moments:
1) Packing the car and setting up video for kids to watch on seven hour road trip only to realize the new car requires a remote to operate the DVD player. Pig Pen’s Law – remote did not come with the used car and I had not tested it beforehand. *Car Sense did put one in the mail at no charge.
2) 20 minutes into the drive, Charlie announcing he is not wearing shoes and did not pack any. He wore Robbie’s at rest stop and a new pair was purchased immediately upon arrival. *Of note, Charlie did ride home in just his boxers. Interesting aversion to shoes and clothing or just a quirky young man?
3) Running the Dirty Girl mud run, couples massage with sister, Lysa, and a great night celebrating with the southern ladies and cousin, Eileen. When you are told to use your ‘spa voices’, I’d say it was a perfect girl’s night out!
4) My niece, Francine, babysat my three hooligans overnight. I got to pay her back with a trip to the mall and new clothes. Win – win!
5) Wii Dance party. Now I have new, professional dance moves that take my Solid Gold status to a whole new level; prepare to be amazed.
6) Air mattress debacle one night with Evy. Up at 2 am and deciding to work since I could not sleep. Amazing what you can accomplish by 7 am and really amazing how tired you can be by noon.
7) Attending first high school track meet and so happy to see my Godson, Patrick, in action.
8) Spending the day at the North Carolina zoo. Beautiful day, only one skinned knee and one child lost for about 5 minutes. I call that a successful outing.
9) Sitting in the 3rd row of my own car with Francine and Evy, singing Taylor Swift and other top hits at the top of our lungs.
10) Watching Life of Pi and having a “aha” moment about my philosophy on life. Pi proclaims his sadness over an ‘unceremonious goodbye’. The words really resonated with me and helped me understand feelings of disappointment, regret and emptiness.
Ceremonies, no matter how big or small, are the core of my being. Everything from a kudos for a great job, races to celebrate physical fitness achievements, spontaneous gatherings celebrating friends, an extra long hug goodbye, to blogs that tout funny, little moments.
Living is once, chances are rare and nothing is certain. Be ceremonious.
Tip of the week: Cleanses are growing in popularity and I am almost convinced to try it. Kind of a spring cleaning for the body, mind and soul! My neighbor highly recommends this all natural one by Blessed Herbs: http://www.blessedherbs.com/cck1-lp/?gclid=CKLAuPTdqbYCFUVN4AodDX4A1Q