I went to a private, Catholic girls school and wasn’t exactly the poster child (see blog post ‘Pig Pen Loves iTunes’) but they did invite me back to speak at Career Day a few years ago.
Since then, I receive periodic emails from students asking questions about my career, skills and general advice.
When I recently responded to an inquiry, I told the young girl to really think about what makes her happy. Not only in terms of subjects but special interest, hobbies and activities. Being passionate about your work, free time and way of life differentiates you from the average Joe, or in this case Sally.
Why do I believe this? Passion drives positive energy and overall happiness. People are drawn to this type of charisma because they are hoping it will rub off on them. Plus, if you are truly passionate about your work you will undoubtedly succeed.
There are tons of great mantras, motivational stories and self-help books on improving your life but you know yourself better than anyone. Pig Pen has put together a self-assessment quiz. Below are ten questions collected from a variety of sources that might ignite the fire for you to find a new passion or cultivate your current areas of interest.
I love the tag line from Beach Body, makers of Insanity, P90X, Shakeology and more.
Decide. Commit. Succeed.
Hope this helps to truly make it a Happy New Year!
1. On a scale of 1 – 10, how happy and energized are you on a daily basis?
2. Do you have a talent or interest that gives you joy and energy and is an important part of who you are?
3. For your passions, do you make sacrifices?
4. When defining passion as something that gives your life direction, purpose, meaning or focus; how often would you say you have passion in your life?
5. How many passions do you think you can have?
6. How often do you develop, use or express your interest, talent or passions?
7. Do you set goals about developing and getting better at your passion?
8. Are you afraid to show your passions?
9. Have you positively influenced others with your passions?
10. Do you believe you have or are going to make a difference in the world?
Tip of the week: Trying to get back on track after the holiday eating and drinking debacle, loving and losing weight with strawberry Shakeology http://www.shakeology.com/